Thursday, February 18, 2010

Protest Song

In a silly mood. Here are the lyrics to Protest Song, written over 30 years ago by Neil Innes. Tongue in cheek. Hilarious. And, yes, it's on youtube.

He always starts by saying, "Uhhh...uhhh...this next song is a protest song. Ladies and gentleman, I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn." (sung kind of like Bob Dylan)

All the prophets of doom
Can always find room
In a world full of worry and fear
Tip cigarettes and chemistry sets
And rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
So I'm goin' back to my little old shack
And drink me a bottle of wine
That was mis en bouteille before my birthday
And have me a fuckin' good time.

Rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum
We're marching for freedom today...Yeay
Turn on your headlights and sound your horn
If people get in the way

Let me turn you on to the chromium swan
On the nose of a long limousine
Even hired for the day it is something to say
But what the hhehhelll does it mean
I may be accused of being confused
But I'm average weight for my height
My philosophy like color TV
Is all there in black and white

RAI!..rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum
We're marching for freedom today...Yeay
Turn on your headlights and sound your horn
If people get in the way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my post!