Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Car Collision

I woke up in a great mood today. But then my phone rang, and a motorcycle cop informed me that my car, which had been parked in front of my apartment complex, had been rear-ended. Awesome!  A woman, coming from St Mary's Hospital, hit my car with enough force to lift it over the curb and destroy my rear tires. She then ricocheted into another car not far from mine. Miraculously, the front end of my car wasn't touched.  And, thankfully, a witness called the police and kept the woman from fleeing the scene. Wow, her car was a mess . The damage from all 3 cars will easily be $50,000 or higher. Not sure what the real explanation is. She didn't appear to be drunk or high or physically hurt.

Needless to say, I spent most of the day getting my car towed, speaking to insurance companies, and filling out reports.  I went into business mode immediately and was able to get everything taken care of without being upset. But now that I'm home and done with the details of the day I feel a little shaky. Guess I'll take a bubble bath and try to relax.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder how that would have gone as a Hitchcock storyline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been suspenseful and creepy. Lots of intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, for sure, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my post!