Monday, July 12, 2010

Love at 82

Friday morning, in the lobby of SF's City Hall, I saw a dapper, older gentleman clutching a dozen red roses. He asked me if I'd hold the roses while he straightened his matching, red bow tie. When I asked him where he was heading, he told me he was waiting for his soon-to-be-bride, who was primping in the ladies room. He beamed with pride as he described his lady love. He said he'd dated several ladies over the decades, but never met the one until this past winter.

“Never give up on love,” he said to me. So sweet.

I had an appointment so I couldn't wait to meet his lady love. But I walked away from him feeling a little more hopeful for humanity.

3 comments:

  1. :-)
    I love this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 82 is the year I was born... and this number will be give a lucky to us.. I hope so..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my post!