Friday, July 23, 2010

Mad Men

I love Mad Men, the brilliant TV series about Don Draper's identity crisis (and ours) all wrapped up in the mores of the 1960's. It's my second favorite drama of all time, between The Wire (#1) and The Soprano's (#3). This Sunday night at 10:00 is the season 4 premier on AMC. Don't miss it. But if you haven't seen the series before, I'd advise starting from season 1 via netflix.

I'm not going to go on and on about the sharp dialogue, clothing, casting, styling, acting, and staging. Instead, I will list a few of my favorite quotes and provide YouTube links to the opening credits, Don Draper's soliloquy about nostalgia (from the season 1 finale), and a famous Pete/Peggy scene. The last link is to a Huffington Post article with other favorite quotes.

Roger Sterling:
When God closes a door he opens a dress....
You know what my father used to say? Being with a client is like being in a marriage. Sometimes you get into it for the wrong reason, and eventually they hit you in the face.
Don Draper:
If you don't like what's being said, change the conversation.
[To Peggy] Get out of here and move forward. This never happened. It will shock you how much it didn't happen.
Joan Harris:
But that's life. One minute you're on top of the world. The next minute some secretary's running you over with a lawn mower.
[Greg to Joan]: Joannie, I don't want to have a fight right now.
[Joan to Greg]: Then stop talking.
Betty Draper:
Go watch TV.
Only boring people are bored.
Peggy Olson:
I'm Peggy Olson and I want to smoke some marijuana.
I am so high. 
Lane Pryce:
Am I to entertain your ballad of dissatisfaction, or has something actually happened? Because I am at work, dear. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcRr-Fb5xQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2bLNkCqpuY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHo0sPISTKs

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/21/top-ten-mad-men-quotes-ph_n_654009.html

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my post!