Thursday, June 24, 2010

ILA...I love Acronyms

OMG, why type all day and get CTS? Which acronyms are your favorites? Do you make up your own? I mean, WTF!

Some I've made up...
BMUS..............beam me up scotty
BSAP................boys should avoid priests
DDR.................downward dog rocks [talking about yoga!]
JDIH................johnny depp is hot
MMMS............muni makes me sick
OMW...............on my way
TBBS................the bay bridge sucks
TBIC.................the boss is coming
WWDDD.........what would don draper do [thanks, Tim Goodman]

Do you use these?
AFAIK..............as far as I know
B4.....................before
BMG.................be my guest
BRB..................be right back
BTW.................by the way
FWIW..............for what it's worth
FYI...................for your information
F2F..................face to face
IIRC.................if i recall correctly
IMHO..............in my honest opinion
IMNSHO.........in my not so humble opinion
IMO.................in my opinion
IOW.................in other words
L8R..................later
LMAO..............laugh my ass off
LOL..................laugh out loud
MOL.................more or less
NBD.................no big deal
OMG................oh my God
OT....................off topic
POV.................point of view
ROTFL............rolling on the floor laughing
SNS..................social networking services
SYS..................see you soon
TBH.................to be honest
WTF................what the fuck
WYSIWYG.....what you see is what you get

Or should we avoid words altogether? As a child, did you ever read William Steig's book, C D B?
C D B. D B S A BZ B.....Translation: See the bee. The bee is a busy bee.

What are some of your own acronyms? Surprise me.

C U L8R!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting on my post!